Sunday, March 9, 2008

School starts mañana!

I left the pummeling waves of Dominical this afternoon, and headed on my dusty way to Manuel Antonio. I must say that I admire people who travel central America with surfboards. I got my first taste at how much of a pain in the ass carting a board is. And I only had one short bus ride!

But alas, I made it to Manuel Antonio. I am living with Raymond, a Canadian hairdresser/massage therapist. He has a 2 bedroom apartment and rents out one of the rooms. The rent, a ridiculous $600 for the month. But that´s the best I could find in Manuel Antonio. Quepos is cheaper, but it is nice to be up in the hills and a bit away from the town. The place is quite nice. He said that they were still finishing the complex in November, so it is very new.

I am excited to start school tomorrow. But being that it´s Sunday and I arrived a bit late, I am a bit behind on my errands. I don´t have enough clothes to go to school. So I hope that tomorrow after school, I can go down to town and do some shopping. The shops are closed right now. So this evening, I am going to head to a soda for dinner, and then going to do some grocery shopping for the week and then head back to the apartment.

No comments: