Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Better days...are here!

My sentiments the other day just show you the ups and downs of travel. You have your ups, you have your downs. All the time.

But I do have to say that the past 2 days have been absolutely awesome. Two nights ago, I met an American girl who I got along with really well. We ended up going to the hot springs in Caldera yesterday, and making a good daytrip out of it. Was soooo nice. And not only that, it was just nice to travel with another chick. I haven´t met too many solo female travellers on this trip (just given the locations I have been in and such). The sentiments are pretty much the same with the men -- we all have to go through that. But it´s just so nice to vent. She left last night for Panama City, though.

Today, I hung out with 2 more females travelling solo, hiking for about 5 hours. And a good time, too. Again, just so comforting to be around other girls. In groups, we don´t the the harassment as bad. Quite refreshing.

I would write more, but damn, I am exhausted from the hike...

Tomorrow, the three of us are going to wake up early, head off for David, and catch the bus to San Jose to do the border crossing. We´ll all part ways at some point. I am going to get off in San Isidro, then head off for Dominical for some fun in the sun before starting school. Three days of surfing...sounds good!

No comments: