Friday, March 7, 2008

Familiar territory

After a long days travel, I finally made it to Dominical yesterday. I was lucky to stumble upon a German couple who wanted to take a cab. I said the max I'd pay was $5. The cab fare ended up being $34, though, but the German guy, Max, said that I could pay $5. Hell yeah, I'll jump on that deal!

I am staying at Hostel Pyramis, which, Sean and I saw when we were in Dominical before. It looked kind of sketchy. But in reality, I have a private room with private bath, and it is a neat place. The guy who runs it is an artist, so he paints a lot. And all of the rooms are painted up. It has a nice vibe to it. And for $20 for the private, it is quite a good price, especially here in Dominical. I think I will be spending my weekends here!

It is good to be back in Dominical. Familiar territory. Nice people. Good vibe...

I bought a surfboard today. Yup, I did it! I got a smoking deal from a guy who sells used boards here. I got a 6' shortboard, with fins, leash, and a bag, for $120. At the end of my trip, I will sell it. And he said he'd even buy it back for half. Given that rentals are $20/day, and that I will be doing a lot of surfing from now until the end of my trip, and probably will spend all of my weekends in Dominical...I will end up paying a ton for rental. So that works out well.

I went surfing today, and of course, it kicked my ass. The waves here are bigger than they were when I was here before. And I chopped my chin on the board trying to duck under the whitewater...still trying to figure that part out! But it was good.

Ahhhh...so good to be back in Dominical!!!

No comments: